Last week I started updating EPiServer platform to version 8. The nuget packages were installed without problems, but the update-EPiDatabase powershell command failed because of SQL execution timeout. I was able to run all SQL script via SQL Management Studio. And I did it, but on my local machine only. Of course, I had to upgrade EPiServer database on other developers computers, test, staging and production servers. I was thinking about how to inject custom command with increased timeout. (more…)
We upgraded both CMS and Commerce a few weeks ago. We did not encounter any major issues while upgrading Commerce however I would like to point two issues worth sharing. (more…)
The editors in my current project use gadgets a lot; both built-in and the custom ones developed by us. Those gadgets can be placed anywhere on the screen.
After we updated our EPiServer version to 7.19 and additionally updated .NET framework to 4.5 some gadgets simply disappeared or started to display incorrectly.
We implemented a feature that, based on the request details, detects the user’s device and then redirects him to the mobile version.
After migrating EPiServer version from 7.10 to 7.19 this feature stopped working – we suddenly figured out that this must be a problem related to routing and rewriting URLs.