We don’t have the access to our production servers. Thus, we always have to prepare a “one-click” deployment package together with a deployment script that can be passed to our ISP partner to be deployed.
It was a bit time consuming to manually preapre such a script everytime EPiServer schema was changed so we did a little research and found a nice EPiServer tool that helps you with that. (more…)
The editors in my current project use gadgets a lot; both built-in and the custom ones developed by us. Those gadgets can be placed anywhere on the screen.
After we updated our EPiServer version to 7.19 and additionally updated .NET framework to 4.5 some gadgets simply disappeared or started to display incorrectly.
We implemented a feature that, based on the request details, detects the user’s device and then redirects him to the mobile version.
After migrating EPiServer version from 7.10 to 7.19 this feature stopped working – we suddenly figured out that this must be a problem related to routing and rewriting URLs.
We have a lot of list properties in my current project. And most of them are edited entirely in the forms view which means that the editors are not able to preview the chosen images before publishing.
The editors in my current project asked us to give them a way to set a date range that would make certain page contents hidden. DateTime property seemed like an obvious choice. And it was like that for a while. (more…)